Search This Blog

Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Northern Illinois Steelband

Boy, so much has been happening I haven't been able to keep up with the blog at all.

Here's a short thing, though.

Tonight at went to a concert by the Northern Illinois Steelband at the Old Town School of Folk Music.

Check out this picture (Courtesy of Pat).  I have never in my live heard anything like all these steel drums coming in loud right at the same time.  Like a symphony of falling icicles.

I made a quick count from the balcony (where I could only see 2/3 of the group) and I think there were about 30 musicians.  Imagine - some of them were playing between two and six drums.   What a sound!


I've been spending a lot of time editing more video of Frank and putting together a video of The Gather-All.  Stay tuned!  Thanks for reading!
Jason

No comments: