Search This Blog

Tuesday, March 23, 2010

I made a flute today.

Hello,
  Today's project was the completion of a goal I have had for a very, very long time.  I made a flute out of a piece of PVC pipe.    I found the plans in a book called Homemade Instruments by Dallas Cline, published by Oak Publications.
  I was hoping to have the kids make this, but while I think they could make them, playing them might be another situation.  It ain't easy.  I like that the book says "Once you have the feel of how to blow across the mouth hole, you will be able to play it happily!  I may take a week of practice, but a week is a short time, really, and you will be so glad you stayed with it."  I love that it has that bit of encourangement.
  So here is day one.  I'll make another video next Monday and we'll see how it all went.  But for now, I share with you "Hot Cross Buns" on the Plumer's Pipe Cross Flute.

1 comment:

judy said...

Hey Jason! Nice flute! :)