Search This Blog

Friday, March 19, 2010

Slide Whistles, E Huli, and the Barehand Jugband

Another full day of teaching.  I love passing the tune Old Joe Clark on to young people.  What is it about that tune? Also, Skip came and played harmonica with my Kids Guitar 1 class.  We worked on This Land is Your Land.  I want to have Skip visit all my classes now.  He was great!  They really loved the kazoo and slide whistle demonstrations.

I was teaching so I only caught the last 5 minutes of the Old Town School "Town Hall Meeting" to discuss the new strategic plan.  I was there just long enough to help everyone sing "E Huli".  I was quite honored.  Lani, you are an inspiration.  Ann Maria, so are you.  "You've got to sing when the spirit says SING!"

Then Lindsay and I headed down to the Hideout to hear a happy hour set by the Barehand Jugband.  They were great as always.  I was honored to play a couple of tunes with them.  Pamela's washboard sounds great and Clay, as always, was a master jug player.  I like how he's started teaching some post-gig jug lessons on the empty beer bottles.

No comments: